Tuesday 5 July 2011

All in God's time...


'In everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.' - Philippians 4:6

My seas are calm right now and I feel as if I'm breathing in pure, clean air. God certainly is in the business of restoration - thank you to the wonderful woman who left that comment here a while back! When I started thinking about what I'd like to write about today, the above verse jumped out at me. Isn't it amazing how you just know when you've found what God wants to communicate to you...

That is how it's become for me and I thank Him for that. Since I've started actually listening to the messages that are there for me every day, I feel as if my internal navigational system has been switched on again.

More importantly, the verse above serves to remind me to be specific about my prayer requests. To be ever thankful, in good as well as bad times. All in God's time - another line that keeps coming up for me again and again.

So today I ask the following in prayer:

~ For a marriage filled with love, respect and happiness.
~ For healing for my parents.
~ For peace and happiness in the lives of my children and siblings.
~ For consolation for one of my very good friends - on this, the day after her father's death.
~ For world peace - in every single corner of our little piece of the universe.
~ For you Jen - that the right words and thoughts come to you when you have to deliver your speeches.
~ For you, dear reader - peace and blessings in abundance on this day.

I'm so happy to have found the women at Soli Deo Gloria! I prayed, I asked, I waited. And God answered.
The right people, at the right time, delivering the right words and support. Miles and continents apart.

Thank you Lord!






9 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your words, for your prayerful heart, and for just being who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel I really connected with you here! I'm also in my 49th year. And I mention at the top of my blog that maybe I was led to write because God knew it would be good therapy for me:)
    I'm so thankful for blogging and all the wonderful women I have met, a lot of them from Jen's place.
    It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen & Kristin - ditto to you both!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first time joining this party and I am so glad I clicked on your link!! The title of your post and the picture made me stop. Your post speaks to me, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Mary - I'm really glad you decided to click! :) I'm off to visit your blog now as well - glad we've connected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came to you from Soli Deo Gloria. What a beautiful group of women!

    A new follower,
    Jen from
    http://richfaithrising.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen - I agree, so glad I found them as well! I'm going over to your blog right now - thanks for coming to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful prayer list. It's so beautiful to know we can take everyone we love and the situations that are in need of help to God through our Lord Jesus Christ in prayer. I'm overwhelmed just thinking about God caring about me, those I love, and the things that concern me.

    May you be blessed by God today!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that your seas are calm right now...yet your prayer life is strong. You are in the place God wants you ;)
    I, also, am in my 49th years. Not sure how I got here so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting back, at least I know I'm not totally certifiable yet!