Wednesday 22 June 2011

No to negativity!


" When you walk to the edge of all the light you know and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid for you to stand upon, or, you will be taught how to fly ".


I can't take credit for this thought, and have to confess that it was quoted on one of my favourite blogs in a different context today but it made such an impact on me that I had to capture it so that I don't forget it myself. Then I found this photograph that I took a while ago and wondered what went through my mind when I took it. It seems like all it needed was this caption...

I hope these words are exactly what you needed to hear today as well!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely quote there -and a great photo to complement it!

    This is a lovely idea for a blog, - and I'm sure one day your daughter will love reading it!!

    I found you through a Friday blog hop. I’m following you now and hope you’ll stop by my blog sometime too! Have a lovely weekend.
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jill! My very first comment! Thank you so much, at least I know I'm not going to be talking to myself ALL of the time! I've joined over at your site as well - I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great quote and such a pretty picture! Welcome to the blogging world! You have a great blog! I am visiting from the Boost My Blog Friday! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back! thanks so much!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogosphere...so glad you stopped by my site! Let me encourage you...the most fun I've had is right now and I am about to turn 58 next month!! I will feature you on the front page of my blog and see if we can get you some traffic. I look forward to reading more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki & Pam - Thanks for stopping by! I truly believe that all the right people will be drawn into my life through this blog and for that I am so greatful! Reading other blogs has made me realise that we as women deal with such similar issues in life, no matter where in the world we live! How amazing to have this forum to get honest feedback, advice and most of all, friendship accross continents. What a great start to the first week of my cyberjourney!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting back, at least I know I'm not totally certifiable yet!